Who We Are
- We are compassionate voices who sing at the bedsides of those in our mountain communities at life's thresholds.
- Solo or in groups of two to four, we sing gentle songs from a variety of traditions to soothe, comfort, uplift, and bring peace.
- We have no religious affiliation and honor all spiritual paths.
- We sing when invited by clients, family members, and caregivers and come as often as requested.
- We sing in private homes, hospices, care facilities, and hospitals in our California mountain communities of Coarsegold, Oakhurst, Mariposa, and their surrounding areas.
We offer this service as a gift; there is no charge.
Although we are not a "performance" choir — that is, our form of service is to sing to one person (and caregivers) at a bedside — we generally say yes when invited to sing for events and occasions that align with our mission. We sing for memorial services, hospice-related events, conferences and trainings that focus on illness, healing, death, dying, grieving, in-services, and other community events which assist others and might also spread the word about bedside singing.
Singing With Us
- We welcome new members.
- There is no audition for the choir.
- We ask that you be able to carry a tune, to hold your part, to sing softly, to blend with others, and to communicate kindness with your voice.
- We ask that you be willing to accept peer feedback, in the service of creating the sweetest, most blended and graceful sound possible for our clients.
Singing at the bedside comes when one feels ready and called to do it; it is not required.
We practice on the first and third Sundays of each month in Oakhurst.
We hold additional events and gatherings through the year to further our musical development and the deepening of our bedside presence.