Lake County IL Threshold Singers
Offering Comfort at Thresholds of Life
Upon request, we sing “at bedside” in groups of two to three to offer comfort and peace, serving through the gift of our voices to share a “song bath” at any significant threshold in life.
Life threshold examples include:
- Birth, perhaps to ease postpartum depression
- Life challenges including chronic conditions, easing senior loneliness
- End-of-life situations, including hospice
Schedule a Song Bath for a
Loved One in Lake County, IL
We welcome opportunities to serve through our song. Hospice coordinators, senior community activity directors, or individuals, please contact us directly at [email protected].
Note: Organizations wishing to learn how this complementary service works to support their community may request a short demonstration.
When physical bedside singing is not possible, we can offer a virtual setting for our songs.
- We sing for those surrounded by loving family and for those alone at the end of life.
- We respect and follow all HIPAA guidelines.
What songs do you sing? What is a “song bath”?
- Our lullaby-like songs are unique to Threshold Choir and help create harmonic resonance designed to share tender compassion.
- Our songs are simple messages of love, life, and heart.
- A “song bath” is much like a “sound bath”, a relaxation technique whereby participants “bathe” in resonant, calming, sound waves produced by the human voice.
- We honor all spiritual paths and have no religious affiliation.
- Families and caregivers are welcome to join us in song or to participate by listening.
- Song bath duration depends upon need of the individual. It may be as short as 10 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Our voices are our gift; there is no charge.
Community We Serve
Lake County, Illinois, situated along the shores of Lake Michigan in the northeastern corner of Illinois, is the third most populous county in the state. We meet central to the county, in Libertyville, for rehearsals.
Sing With Us
We welcome new members to sing the melody, high or low harmony. You do not need to know how to read musical notes, but you must be able to carry a tune and sing your part a cappella in a 3-part harmony trio.
- There are no auditions as this is not a performance choir.
- We ask that you bring a desire to serve and learn the songs we sing by attending rehearsals.
- We rehearse at Libertyville Covenant Church on the first and third Thursday of each month, in the early evening, for 90 minutes.
- Each new member determines their own level of singing readiness to begin serving the community.
- If you are interested in singing with us or visiting a rehearsal, please contact us directly at [email protected].