As You Go
Print or View Song:
Vocal Learning File
I had the privilege to accompany a member of my mindfulness community as he received his diagnosis, went through treatment, and reckoned with his living with and dying from pancreatic cancer. One day as I was driving to work, I just sat with the tenderness of it all. I asked myself what I would want to know, what I would want to hear, if it were me in his place. And this song came. I had the chance to sing it with him while he was still alive, and he requested I sing it at his memorial service as well. I still feel him alive in me, and in this song. Thank you for your beautiful, courageous and honest living and dying, Gregg…
[2020.01.10—Very small correction, replacing “when” by “as” in the last phrase of the last verse. Should be “Love is with you as you go.”]
- All the trees in the forest, all the flowers in the garden,
All the wild weeds, they are with you as you go.
- All the creatures of the land, all the birds in the air,
All that swims in the sea, they are with you as you go.
- All the people of the world, all your fam’ly and your friends,
All your beloved ones, they(we) are with you as you go.
- All the grounding of the earth, all the freedom of the sky,
All the warmth of the sun, they are with you as you go.
- Where so e’er your path may lead, where so e’er your journey goes,
Love is with you now, love is with you as you go.