Threshold Choir Affiliated Chapter Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish a structure for Threshold Choir’s (“Threshold”) regional affiliated chapters (“Affiliated Chapters”).
- Affiliated Chapter Governance. The charter of an Affiliated Chapter is the certificate that recognizes a group of persons as a local unit of Threshold. Charters shall be issued by Threshold pursuant to the policies and regulations prescribed by the Board and shall include a statement of purpose or purposes of such Affiliated Chapter.
- Affiliated Chapter Duties. The Affiliated Chapter shall not perform any function or knowingly partake in any activity other than those that further Threshold’s tax-exempt purposes. The Affiliated Chapter shall comply with all federal, state, county, and local laws applicable to Threshold and shall not engage in any activity that jeopardizes Threshold’s tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). The Affiliated Chapter will further comply with Threshold’s governing documents, policies, and procedures.
- Accounts Payable. An Affiliated Chapter’s request for disbursement of funds must state the payee of the funds, such other necessary payee information to identify the payee, the amount requested, and the purpose for which the funds are requested. On reimbursement requests, an Affiliated Chapter must provide adequate documentation, including invoices, receipts, and proof of payment.
- Amendments. Threshold may amend these policies from time to time with advance written notice to the Affiliated Chapters.
- Automobile Usage. Any volunteer or employee driving on Threshold business must maintain personal auto liability insurance.
- Bank Accounts. No Affiliated Chapter shall maintain any bank account other than those maintained by Threshold.
- Compliance with Affiliated Chapter Policies. Threshold Choir Affiliated Chapters that do not comply with the Affiliated Chapter Policies will be required to participate in a Corrective Action Plan. A description of this plan is found in a document entitled Threshold Choir Plan of Correction with Chapter Non-Compliance. Failure to comply with this plan could result in dissolution of the chapter.
- Confidential Information. All member databases, local contact lists, member contact information, and other proprietary information provided by Threshold or received by any Affiliated Chapter shall be maintained as confidential.
- Contracts and Loans. Any agreement that involves over $500 must be signed by both the Affiliated Chapter Director and an officer or director of Threshold. An Affiliated Chapter is not permitted to accept loans, except with permission from Threshold’s Board.
- Donations. Affiliated Chapters shall forward all donations to Threshold within two weeks of receipt. Threshold will accept, process, and acknowledge contributions to Affiliated Chapters, including the issuing of receipts for tax deductions. Donations must be made payable to Threshold Choir. If funds are designated to a particular Affiliated Chapter, that should be noted on the check. It is Threshold’s policy not to disclose publicly the identities of donors without the donor’s permission.
- Employees and Independent Contractors. Threshold management must approve contracts with independent contractors in advance. Affiliated Chapters cannot pay any individual as an independent contractor who meets the IRS definition of an employee. Threshold management must approve all offers of employment prior to the offer’s extension to any potential employee.
- Fictitious Business Name. If requested by the Affiliated Chapter Director, Threshold will consider filing a fictitious business name statement so that the Affiliated Chapter may transact business under the name of the Affiliated Chapter.
- Funds. All funds and property donated to Threshold Choir or an Affiliated Chapter are the property of Threshold to be expended or applied only for purposes authorized by Threshold’s Articles of Incorporation.
- Fundraising. Affiliated Chapters shall coordinate with Threshold all fundraising activities targeting revenue of $50 or more. A copy of all mailings and solicitations, including grant proposals, must be approved by Threshold management in advance of mailing, submission, or other distribution. Affiliated Chapters are responsible for preparing grant reports, which must be submitted to Threshold for final approval. Threshold requires at least four weeks advance notice of any fundraising event.
- Insurance. Threshold maintains general liability and such other liability insurance required by law or usual and customary practices with respect to the conduct of its activities, in amounts it has determined are reasonably adequate.
- Lobbying. All lobbying plans and expenditures must be submitted to Threshold management for advance approval to ensure these expenditures do not exceed Threshold’s lobbying allowance for the year taking into account Threshold’s other lobbying expenditures and plans.
- Members. Each Affiliated Chapter must maintain a current list of the names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails of all of its members and must provide this list, regularly updated, to Threshold. Affiliated Chapters shall also inform Threshold of any changes in the name of the Affiliated Chapter Director.
- Monthly Reports. All Affiliated Chapters must file a monthly report that states the current number of members, as well as the number of sings provided by chapter members at the bedside and/or at other community sings such as songbaths and memorial services.
- Online Presence. Affiliated Chapters are not allowed to maintain any website other than the website maintained by Threshold. Affiliated Chapters may create blogs and other social media pages only with Threshold’s approval.
- Use of Threshold Funds. Funds donated to Threshold Choir, including those donated to specific Affiliated Chapters, may be used only for purposes consistent with support of the Threshold Choir mission. This can include rent for rehearsal space, copying, office supplies, postage, a vocal coach for your chapter, and scholarships for gatherings and workshops.
- Use of Threshold Choir Logo. Affiliated Chapters must use the logo for Threshold Choir as specified in the Style Guide and Use of Logo section of the website.
- Virtual Accounts. Donations designated to a particular Affiliated Chapter are credited to a virtual account established in that chapter’s name. Funds in a chapter’s virtual account may be used only for legitimate chapter expenses. Payment will be made upon submission of an invoice or a request for reimbursement that includes documentation of expenses. Detailed information on Virtual Accounts is found on a document titled Threshold Choir: Affiliated Chapters and Virtual Accounts.
(This list may be added to at any time by Threshold Choir.)