Lower Columbia Threshold Choir
We Offer Songs of Comfort and Peace
We blend our voices into a lovely, deep offering of kindness, respect, presence, and song to those approaching the threshold between life and death.
Who We Are
- We are a women’s a cappella group.
- We sing at bedside in groups of two or three.
- We sing at the thresholds of life for hospice, hospital, and homecare clients.
- We honor all spiritual paths and have no religious affiliation.
- Our songs are gentle messages of love, peace, and heart.
- We sing at the invitation of patients, families, or caregivers.
- We offer this service to people in Kelso and Longview, Washington; Rainier, Oregon; and nearby areas.
- Our voices are our gift; there is no charge.
Singing With Us
We rehearse twice a month at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Longview, Washington. We welcome new members. There is no audition for the choir. We ask that you be able to carry a tune; to hold your part, sing softly, and blend with others (or sincerely want to learn to); to communicate kindness with your voice; and be willing to accept peer feedback as we work together to bring the sweetest, most blended and graceful sound possible to our clients.
If you would like more information, would like to join us, or would like to request bedside singing, contact us at [email protected].